Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
southontario

Snails in Toronto, HELP!

SouthOntario
13 years ago

I'm in terrible trouble and I need help!

The thing is, I live in Pickering, Ontario (Toronto), and I have snails everwhere! I love them and I love having them. The problem is, they sneak on to the walkways / patio / driveway, etc... It breaks my heart to see one that has been stepped on / crushed and if I happen to step on one myself, it will honestly upset me for days... I've never had snailages (that's what I call snails) at my other houses, therefore I am wondering, are they attracted to a particular tree or plant or maybe it's me?

Can anyone help me with a solution to keep them off the walkway / patio / high traffic areas, etc. without hurting them or killing them? As of now, I have to go out early in the morning and pick them up and move them to a 'snail safe spot'... But with 3 little kids in this house and 3 adults (and only 1 or 2 that actually care), it's impossible to keep up with them. (They are not as slow as I thought and they seem to move right back to where they shouldn't be as soon as I go back inside)

Is there something I can spread on the patio stones, etc. that will keep these guys away? I want them to stay, but just in the garden and with the plants... Please help, my email is below...

James

11secmonster@mailcity.com

Comments (7)