Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Goji Seeds

Posted by betty1822 z6Ontario (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 13, 09 at 11:25

Anyone wanting to grow Goji's. I bought some dried berries at the bulk store and cleaned the seeds and planted them and they are beginning to grow.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Goji Seeds

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 13, 09 at 16:28

love to know what you did differently than me . I tried the same thing with no success.

Signet

o

I only bought a couple of berries and I peeled them and separated the seed and let it really dry, then I put them in an envelope and in the fridge for a few weeks until I was ready to plant. I got the idea from you and did it because I saw that Dominion Seed catalogue has a package of them for $9. They germinated in about l week. Just looked at them now before I post this and it looks like pretty well all the seeds germinated. Try again.

o

ohhhhhh, I'm gonna try it too!

Thanks Betty for sharing your experiences.

Justine,

who is now going to the store for goji berries.

o

I've started some, bought the Goji berries from a health food store. Apparently Lycium barbarum not Lycium chinese is the one you want to grow. I just soaked a couple of squished berries in water, collect the seed and sprouted them in damp paper towel. Lots of seed from just two berries and I think every one of the germinated.

o

I was trying to find the difference between the two Goji berry plants mentioned in aftermidnight's post but they seem to be the same plant. Let me know if I am wrong. Betty

o

I've been told when looking for info on these berries Lycium barbarum is the more nutritious of the two. I have a couple of small plants growing in the greenhouse, hope to plant them out this spring.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wolf Berries

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here