Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nico6196

Stone covered gardens

nico6196
16 years ago

We moved in to a home where they covered every garden with small stones. At first we thought neat but now we actually don't like them. We have removed half of what we had in our backyard so far and plan on removing the rest of what is in the backyard but we have run out of places to put them. So since we have a whole bunch in the front yard as well and we are thinking of making a garden along our driveway, I thought I would ask do most perennials and annuals do well in gardens covered with stone? The front yard gets some pretty much the whole day, so I know it will be very warm in those gardens. I am thinking of doing a rock garden along side the driveway but the garden would connect to the garden that already exists along our front walkway and front porch, where I do not want to do a rock garden. Would it look silly have one part of the garden a rock garden and having it attached to a regular perenial/annual garden? There would be some stepping stones between them but that is about it. Any thoughts?

Comments (3)