Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tansy fight

Posted by jodysh20 interior bc (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 23, 10 at 14:46

For 20 years I have been trying to rid my property of tansy. I find it odd that anyone would purposely plant this noxious invasive plant.

Our horses were smart enough to not nibble it, however know of a few cow fatalities with some neibors.

Years of digging them up and burning in my burning barrel, roundup, and even some potent chemical used on knapweed has had no effect.

Actually, after the forest fire ravaged our homes and properties, the burnt nutritionless, and major excavation during rebuilds has tripled their reign on my land. I want to get a goat for property clean up, however knowing hosts will eat about anything, am worried about this toxic weed with a goat.

How do I get rid of this once and for all?

A farmer nearby told me that tansy seeds can be dormant for up to 50 years!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tansy fight

Which kind of tansy is it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here