Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nurseries near Halifax

Posted by maet z5 NL, Canada (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 16, 06 at 15:14

I will be in Dartmouth the 3rd week in April and was wondering what nurseries are in that area. I am also looking for a pond supply store to check out while I am there. I did have the name of one but have lost it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nurseries near Halifax

Since you'll be in Dartmouth, I'd suggest Lakelands Plant World on Main St. It would be on your left 'going out' after the Forest Hills Parkway. Probably your best bet at this time. Lots to see, so make time.

Unfortunately, the best nurseries (and largest) in Nova Scotia are beyond the city limits in the Annapolis Valley and in the South Shore area. That's my opinion. Examples of this are Den Hanns in Middleton (WOW!), and Pinetree (?) in Bridgewater.

But Lakelands is up there in my book.

o

And, Blomidon's in Wolfville - about 45 mins to an hour outside of Halifax. And, (lol) Briar Patch in Berwick. Tiffy, Den Haan's has just expanded - I was just there on Saturday, and I'm pretty impresssed. (maet - the nurseries I mentioned are all in the Annapolis Valley area.)

o

• Posted by maet z5 NL, Canada (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 19, 06 at 13:09

Thanks, I am going to check out those nurseries online to see exactly where they are located. We may be driving up to Bridgewater area to visit our friends daughter. Also still trying to find where to buy pond supplies. Did have the address of a store near Pictou but can't find it online now either.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here