Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Alfalfa Meal or Pellets - Montreal Area

Posted by judith5bmontreal (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 12, 08 at 22:21

Hi there everyone. I was hoping someone here could help in my search for alfalfa meal or pellets in the Montreal area. My brother has been looking for me in the Laurentians area, since there are a lot of riding stables around where he lives, but so far, no luck. Everything seems to have additives in it, no one seems to carry pure alfalfa meal.
Anyone here from the Montreal area know of a source? My roses and I would be forever grateful for any help you can give us!

Judith

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Alfalfa Meal or Pellets - Montreal Area

Superstore in Nova Scotia was selling alfalfa pellets (President's Choice, I think) at the garden centre two years ago; unfortunately, they didn't sell it last year. I'm hoping they will have it this year, though.

So, if you have the Superstore (aka Loblaws, I believe, in other provinces), you could try there.

o

Hi Dee,
so sorry I haven't returned to check this post. Thank you so much for the suggestions. Loblaw's garden center in my area doesn't carry them this year, but I mentioned to the manager that a lot of people use it for their roses, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to get some in. Hope he goes for it. Anyway, I would be his best customer if he does!
The search continues....
Judith

o

• Posted by kanuk Zone4 QC (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 22, 08 at 22:23

Judith
I bought a 50lb bag at the only Co-op store in St-Antoine-sur-Richelieu. It is horse feed. It cost $17.61 including tax.
It was May 15/08 and they had two bags in stock. I have the phone number & address if you want. Let me know.
St-Antoine is off Hwy 30 in the direction of Sorel-Tracy.
It is called "Clbrit-Ration Complete pour Chevaux"
I hope this helps you.
PS. I thought a 50lb bag was ridiculous but believe me...it goes fast and it stores well. I use it to fertilize the lawn as well.

o

Hi Kanuk! I just checked in again here, and found your response. That sounds great - I would love it if you could give me the phone number and address. Thanks so much.
Judith

o

• Posted by kanuk Zone4 QC (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 27, 08 at 10:56

Hi Judith
I sent the information to both of your email addresses.
KanuK

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here