Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sunday april 18 rhodo sale 10 - 3pm

Posted by yugoslava 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 8, 10 at 22:42

Rhododendron Society will hold a sale of Rhododendrons and Azaleas at Toronto Botanical Gardens on Sunday, April 18 from 10am to 3pm. Located at Leslie and Lawrence Ave. E. in Toronto. There will be excellent selection of plants. Everyone is welcome.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sunday april 18 rhodo sale 10 - 3pm

yugoslava,

I'm searching for azaleas that are hardy to a zone 5 possibly zone 4 area. Can you recommend one or two for me please?

thanks

Ianna

o

Ianna,

Look for the Northern Lights series of Azaleas. They are pretty tough! There's some nice colours too as well as some with beautiful scents. I have a white blooming in my gardens which smells great.

Also if you want a stunning orange with a nice scent, go for Gibraltar, although I'm not sure about a zone 4. :O) I have it and it is doing very well after two years. I do get some zone 4 winters and 2008/2009 was one of them. It made it through that winter so should be OK.

o

thanks Tiffy. I have a great rhodo but really want azaleas. These will be great additions to my yard.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here