Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Japanese morning ?

Posted by diane_v_44 Z6 (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 0:10

I would like to find some of these
not in seed but already potted
had two last year from somewhere and they where gorgeous all summer long til frost

I am in Barrie Ontario

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Japanese morning ?

Do you mean Morning Glory? If so I think you may be looking for Sunrise Serenade which is available at Veseys or Dams. You may even find it at Home Depot from Johnston seeds. Marg

o

if you had them planted in the garden, then they have probably seeded 'everywhere' and will start popping up shortly.....morning glories do take a while to start coming up.

o

Hi Marg and Greylady

Silly to not have completed the title re Morning Glorys
I am getting older that is for sure

Just reading Garden web this morning

The Japanese morning glory I am looking for most likely would not be found at Home Depot Is kind of a speciality plant . Some have a variegated leaf even Quite beautiful and different and hardy.
I had two last summer they flowered till hard frost but no seeds from them

Look on line for the subject You will see perhaps some very unique plants

Not the ones at all Grey lady that self seed Are you in quite a mild zone grey lady My morning glorys just the ordinary ones never seem to reseed

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Fri, May 10, 13 at 16:09

Diane, the first time I did a search I couldn't find anything but now I found that there is a discussion here on GW about Japanese Morning Glories. Just do a search and type in Japanese Morning Glories. Hope you find them.

o
RE: Japanese morning Glory

Marric

You have been a member of garden web a number of years I know
And I have noticed that you of ten go out of your way to help others and provide information

Thank you
They are quite eye catching plants
Rainy old morning here in Barrie Just after eight
I was ot spreading some bagged dirt on front lawn Need to put down some grass seed
But came in as I am to cold from the damp rainy morning.

Got the dirt spread but need to go back out and put down the seed. Hope the birds don't eat it all

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here