Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Alfalfa pellets, meal or?

Posted by yugoslava 6 (My Page) on
Wed, May 2, 07 at 1:44

I used to buy it in packages in pet shops. I would like to buy larger amount but don't know where to find it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Alfalfa pellets, meal or?

Forgot to add I'm in Toronto.

o

I believe many people buy it at agricultural feed stores. I would assume there aren't too many of them in Toronto proper, but outside the city there should be plenty.

BP

o

• Posted by kristiz Toronto,Zone 5B (My Page) on
    Thu, May 3, 07 at 13:27

I bought some bags of alfalfa pellet fertilizer at The Real Canadian Superstore/Loblaws last fall...maybe they have it again now that their gardens centres are opening up? Worth a look anyway, cause I know they do make it.

o

Both Alfalfa pellets and Corn Gluten can be bought at an agricultural feed store as BP states. You'll find them much cheaper than anywhere else there too. Well worth a trip outside the city on a nice Saturday!

One thing to note - Some feed stores only sell by 50 lb lots minimum. In my case, I can purchase the Alfalfa in 10 lb quantities, but the Corn Meal I buy is in the larger 50 pound bags.

o

Thank you all for writing. Kristiz mentions Loblaws, a friend who works there in the spring says the selection is poor comparing to other years. I was at The Real Canadian Superstore about a week ago and was disappointed. Loblaws has suffered 61% loss and it shows.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here