Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Skyrocket Junipers

Posted by nico6196 Guelph (My Page) on
Mon, May 28, 07 at 9:08

We live in a newer neighborhood and although we have pretty good privacy happening/growing all around, there is none at the back of our yard. We have a Japanese Maple growing where I would have grown a larger tree (it was there when we moved in) but it is doing well, so we don't want to try to move it. So, I was thinking of planting a few Skyrocket Junipers along the back fence. Anybody know how fast they actually grow? Also, I keep reading they need full sun and good air circulation to dry off the trees in the morning... where we are planning on planting them, is shade in the morning (probably until about 10-11AM) and then sun the rest of the day. Do you think they will do well where we need them? We wish the neighbor behind us would plant one tree (it would be perfect). We cannot fit another tree between the Japanese Maple and the fence, so it's not an option for us. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Skyrocket Junipers

If you do a Search for "Skyrocket" on the Conifers Forum, you will get quite a few good 'hits'.
For your convenience, the search results link is provided below :

Here is a link that might be useful: Skyrocket Junipers

o
RE: Skyrocket Junipers

Hi Nico, Skyrocketing Junipers will usually reach approx. 6 ft. in 10 years and in time can reach 15 ft. or more. They will do well in full sun..........Wayne

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here