Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marricgardens

Sweet Autumn Clematis help needed

marricgardens
16 years ago

I plant SAC 5 years ago so this may seem like a strange question. When does yours come up? I forget when mine came up the first 2 years. The first year they flowered beautifully. The second year only 2 came up. Since they were still under guaranty, I had it replaced. The third year nothing came up. I waited patiently and finally contacted the nursery to see when it would and they told me it should have been up by then, it was late June. I waited until the fall and then decided to dig around and see what was going on. I found 3 healthy root balls. I had spread them out when I planted them. I did so again and replanted and watered them in. The next year, they didn't come up again and this time I didn't wait, I dug them up and they had formed a root ball again. So far this year they are not up. I realize that we have heavy clay but we amended well with triple mix and compost when we first planted. Our other clematis are all doing well. If they don't grow this year I might just get rid of them. They get full sun, are watered and fertilized regularly so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any advice? Thanks Marg

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets