Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ontario nursery back in business?

Posted by ontnative 5b Can/USDA 4 (My Page) on
Sun, May 16, 10 at 11:41

I was shopping recently and saw the familiar Epic perennial pots in our local stores. Somewhere I read that they had gone into receivership (?) a few years back, at the same time as another wholesaler JEA Perennials had folded up, so was surprised to see them. I don't know if they were bought out by another company or something else happened. Anyway, I'm very happy to see them back.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ontario nursery back in business?

The facilities were indeed bought by Brookdale Treeland Nursery (BTN), and continues to operate and produce under the brand Epic Plants.

o
RE: Ontario nursery back in business?

Thanks for the info. "cpg". As I said already, Epic always had good quality plants that were "true to name", which is not always the case with many other perennials being offered for sale. I really hate it when catalogues offer plants for sale under made-up names such as "Yellow Fluff". To me, this is the mark of a less than forthright retailer, who relies on "gimmicks" to make sales. Yuck!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here