o
Tomato sale - and neighborhood yard sale Aylmer Qc

Posted by sammyqc NE Quebec/zn 4/5a (My Page) on
Fri, May 25, 07 at 13:01

My neighborhood is having
a garage sale, and I will be selling my tomato plants again. The
neighborhood is Wychwood, in Aylmer Qc and it's Saturday, May 26, starting
at 8am. I'm at the end of Pine st, left hand side,
you won't miss me if you go by. If you're coming from Ottawa, take the Champlain bridge, turn left on Lucerne right off the bridge, and follow Lucerne all the way through two sets of lights. Pine st is on your left, second street after the second set of lights. It's the access street to Wychwood.

I have lots of organic heirloom tomato plants, all grown from seed,
wide variety. These are open pollinated, so you can save seeds for
next year if you want to try growing them yourself. If you need info
on how to save the seeds, just let me know. Lots of Beefsteak ( aka Ponderosa),
Rutgers, Reisentraube, Roma and Amish Paste. Many other varieties in
smaller numbers, many are old Russian types. If anyone is interested, please feel free to email
me for more info.
I will also have some hostas, a few other perennials, brugmansia and house plants.

Sam.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tomato sale - and neighborhood yard sale Aylmer Qc

• Posted by jroot 5A Ont. Canada (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 10, 07 at 7:15

Sammy, how did your sale go? Were your brugs picked up?

o
RE: Tomato sale - and neighborhood yard sale Aylmer Qc

• Posted by sammyqc NE Quebec/zn 4/5a (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 11, 07 at 23:29

Thanks for asking, Jroot. It went okay, but not nearly as well as I thought it might. I think I sold one brug, people just don't know what they are! Some tomatoes, but mostly hostas and echineceas. Met some nice neighborhood people though, and it did pay for all the bags of compost and potting soil that I bought.
I guess I am more of a plant fanatic than my neighbors, although when people wanted to chat, I did tell everyone who would listen about my political tomato, the Rouge D'Irak. I sold a few of those because people were interested and aghast!
Many people did ask if I do this every year, and plan to come back. So that's good!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here