Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fern leave peony

Posted by frankc z3ab (My Page) on
Mon, May 23, 11 at 14:35

My double flower fern leave has not come up yet. The singles are up and blooming and forever expanding in area.
The double stayed as a single plant for couple of years.Wondering if the the double is not as hardy.
Planted a mauve fern leaf see if that will survive the winter and flower for me next spring.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fern leave peony

My Double has never bloomed as a single. Are you sure that it was a double? Mine are blooming right now.

My thought is that your double may not be any more.

I haven't heard of mauve fernleaf. Any pics?

o

Mine is up and the flower head is there but we have had so little sun/warmth that I know it won't open. At least the plant is alive considering the winter and now spring we have had in these parts. There were still frost warnings for parts of NB last night....this is nuts!

o

Thanks for the response,slight frost last nite.Dont see any damage,will see later in the day.
My double had bloomed for couple of years,to date it hasnt come up.So I'm assuming I lost it.My singles ia a patch about 1 square yard and full of blooms.The mauve I just brought back from state side,dont expect any blooms this year. Ijust hope it will survive this next winter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here