Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Visiting Toronto for memorial day weekend.

Posted by aaaaaaaa 6 (My Page) on
Sun, May 22, 11 at 19:52

Hi,
I will be visiting my Mom this memorial day weekend. I am planning to visit Richters greenhouse.

Is there any other greenhouses/nurseries/gardens that may be worth visiting? I am looking anything-- right from seeds to rare plants(affordable) to tropical and rare veggie seeds/plants.

Any advice/suggestions welcome.
Thank you in advance.
Anna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Visiting Toronto for memorial day weekend.

I don't know what area your mom is in to make recommendations. I have personally been to Ritchers and it's dangerous in there for plant lovers.

Do check with US Customs about bringing live plants in dirt across the border - I'm not sure if you can do that unless you have a clearance certificate. It would be awful if you purchased plants only to have them seized at the border. Dry root plants I believe are safe because they don't transport dirt.

Please do your homework before you buy. I'd listen to your customs people before any advice from a vendor.

I hope you enjoy your visit.

o
Duh - Toronto area

I should clean my eyes - Toronto area.

Here's the link from your government website. You may want to call them in advance to discuss what is needed if you do purchase.

Enjoy your visit with your Mom!

Here is a link that might be useful: Bringing Agricultural Products Into the United States

o
RE: Visiting Toronto for memorial day weekend.

Richters is north of Toronto and not far from my area.

I would suggest you pay a visit to Sheridan's located in Unionville. Directly across it is another plant seller.

And there's Angelo's garden in Vaughan, Tree Valley in Richmond Hill and in Stouville.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here