Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plant shopping - great haul!!

Posted by bonniepunch USDAz4 AgCanz5a (My Page) on
Sat, May 24, 08 at 20:30

DH took me plant shopping at the plant sale at the Montreal Botanical gardens for my anniversary present :-) He's a keeper, that's for sure!

I got a Ligularia 'Osiris Fantasie', Hosta 'Praying Hands', Verratrum nigrum (black helbore), Adiantum aleuticum (aleutian maidenhair fern), Asplenium rhizophylum (walking fern), Dryopteris f.m. (male fern), variegated Typha latifolia (cattail), Colocasia esculenta 'Illustrus' (Imperial taro), and an Epiphyllum.

I feel like a kid at Christmas!!

BP

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plant shopping - great haul!!

• Posted by kanuk Zone4 QC (My Page) on
    Sat, May 24, 08 at 20:36

Lucky you! I went to their site last week to see if they had an annual plant sale and to my surprise there was nothing advertising it. Rats!! How long is it on? Only this weekend? What were the prices like?
Oh I hope you tell me it's on for another day or longer(lol) & ....
Merry Christmas in May Bonnie!! :-)

o

Kanuk - it's still on until tomorrow. It is on their website, under horticultural activities, it's called the Great Gardening Weekend.

If you have an Acces Montreal card, or are a 'Friend of the Garden', entry is free, otherwise you have to pay the usual garden entry fee. Prices are pretty good, but for more unusual things, the prices can be high-ish. Most plants are in great shape. Even if you see nothing you want or need, it's worth a trip to the gardens right now to see all the lilacs blooming :-)

BP

o

• Posted by kanuk Zone4 QC (My Page) on
    Sun, May 25, 08 at 8:18

Bonniepunch ~ Thanks for the info. In a panic attempt to find out more earlier last night I came across the event dates online ... SO....guess where we're going today!!! I'm so glad you posted or I would've missed it for sure & many "thanks" for the link too.
Lilacs!!! Right now I have my head in a huge bouquet in front of my computer. It's heaven!!
Happy Gardening!!

o

I hope you find some great plants too! It's a perfect weekend to go - tucked in between rainy days, you really appreciate it all the more!

The lilacs around the tents are fantastic, but don't forget to go over to the lilac section of the garden - there's probably a hundred lilac! Your nose will think it's died and gone to heaven :-)

BP

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here