Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
passion flower

Posted by wiley1983 5 (My Page) on
Sat, May 25, 13 at 20:32

anyone in atlantic canada trying to grow passion flowers?? I would like some advice, do they need to be brought in during the winter months?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: passion flower

Hi WIley Passion flowers are so neat aen't they
In most of Canada you will have to briing them in I know some people on the west coast ae able to grow a particular passion flower, which I don't remember what it is called, outside But

tthat is in quite moderate temperatures

The plants would have to come in but I would expect you could overwinter them okay and with little care in cool temperature
I have them growing in my yard down in Florida where I spend winters
Two different plants One is a red and the other a blue grey which I love They grow like crazy there Have to cut them back all the time to keep from being invasive. .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here