Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rhubarb to spare in Barrie…

Posted by diane_v_44 Z6 (My Page) on
Fri, May 9, 08 at 20:59

I just moved to my home in Barrie, Ontario

have always had rhubarb but not at this house.

Could purchase some from a nursery etc. but was thinking perhaps someone has an over abundance of it and I could maybe dig up a bit.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rhubarb to spare in Barrie…

Hi Diane! I'm in Barrie too, but not new to it - been here for 30 years. We just moved to a small farm and I'm looking for rhubarb too.

I'll be happy to help you learn about Barrie, if I can. Pls let me know if you have any questions about where things are, etc.

o

Am hoping to travel around the countryside this weekend looking for that elusive rhubarb If we find any will dig some for you as well runningtrails

o

Did you find rhubarb? I thought I had some but it turned out to be just burdock. They're so similar.

o

Thanks, Diane! That will be marvelous! lIkewise if I get any I will save some for you. I might look over in the field near where the old barn used to be. It's overgrown now and useless, but rhubarb might have been planted there. I'll let you know...

o
RE: Rhubarb to spare in Barrie

No luck this past weekend finding rhubarb

My daughter Laura thought we had found some at one abandoned property but alas it was not. Not sure just what the plant

I did purchase some from one of the nursery's in Barrie German Wine Rhubarb. More than five dollars for a small plant.

We will continue the search

This weekend was busy with family

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here