Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fake rocks

Posted by madtripper 5/6 Guelph (My Page) on
Tue, May 27, 08 at 21:39

anyone know a good source for fake rocks in S. E. Ontario?

I am looking for something to cover my external pond pump.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fake rocks

• Posted by jroot 5A Ont. Canada (near (My Page) on
    Wed, May 28, 08 at 9:18

I believe I posted about a place on Highway 24 near Ospringe. I was by there yesterday, and there were some.

Alternately, you could make some hypertufa. Martha Stewart types often mix Hypertuffa, which has peat moss, perlite, vermiculite etc. for aggregate. It is lighter weight and all... but its more for rustic looking garden or fake rocks than it is for serious projects.

Here is a link that might be useful: making hypertufa

o

Hi jroot.
I never new that there are fake rocks.I would be glad to have some,But I am not able to make them myself.I would rather purchase them.Do you know how prices shape? Are they more expensive than natural rocks?
Hala.

o

• Posted by jroot 5A Ont. Canada (near (My Page) on
    Thu, May 29, 08 at 22:04

Halaeva, If you know where to look, natural rocks are free. Come to me garden and you will see some,- all free. Of course, the fake rocks will be more expensive, as one is paying for someone to actually make them. Even the ones you make are more expensive as you need to buy the mortar. On the other hand, if you have the rocks delivered, they will be more expensive, as one is paying for the delivery. Economics 1a6.

o

Thanks jroot for your response,for invitation over your place in order to see rocks.I would be glad to do that,but I have a problem with transportaion and my health lately.I regret that.The info you're giving me are very valuable and I have learned a lot.My local garden centre is selling rocks and I will see it.They do delivery.Thank you again for your time.
God bless you.
Hala.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here