Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Persistant Weed :o) Photos

Posted by peatpod Z5b Ontario (My Page) on
Fri, May 12, 06 at 22:18

It seems to be the season for persistant weeds .. I started giving this little one alot of TLC only a few weeks ago but all I seem to be getting is weeds in my pot!!! Check out the picture does anyone know what kind it is or how to get rid of it?

Happy Gardening :o)
Laura

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Persistant Weed :o) Photos

I dunno what it is, but it look really scary, especially the second Picture!!

. .
. .

Such a cutie!!

o

• Posted by janetr Ottawa USDA 4a (My Page) on
    Sat, May 13, 06 at 10:33

LOL! Generally, this type of weed responds poorly to abundant watering...

o

Ohhh - I've had those a few times. They have a lot of common names ("Get away from that plant", "Get off the table", and "Aguh, not on the rug"), but their proper name is Felis cutiepieum.

Be careful when you remove them - they have thorns! They are also hugely invasive, if you found one, you'll usually wind up with a whole bunch.

BP

o

Thanks for all of the advice :o) I noticed I had three of them and would you believe somebody actually wanted to take it home and continue growing it!!! :o) But it would appear a couple more have poked their tiny little heads up ... what's a gardener to do .. *sigh* :o) This is what it looked like when it first showed up .. see what a little TLC will do.

Its amazing what a little fertilizer will do for a tiny little weed:o)

Laura

o

• Posted by jroot 5A Ont. Canada (My Page) on
    Mon, May 15, 06 at 17:30

What an amazing sense of humour you have, Laura. :)

o

OMG, looks like a 'Tiny', at least that's what we all named our precious grey kitten some years ago!
She gave us another 'Lucky' weed which is precosious & long lasting even after an amputation of right back leg!
With such weeds popping up in garden photos over the years yours wins the prize in 'natural setting'!
sam

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here