Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
merricat_gw

Columbines, anyone? (& Sweet William)

merricat
14 years ago

Since I'm tomato-less this year, I have some extra time to devote to my perennials. I have a couple-dozen or so - from boring old Elephant Ears to fairly odd yellow Foxglove - and some are in overgrown beds that need my attention. So there's a silver lining.

One thing I seem to do is attract columbines. I think they sneak in at night: I'm SURE I didn't plant this many varieties! Canadensis (smallish, red, with a pretty yellow center), a gentle butter-yellow, a bright lemon yellow, deep blues an purples and ....well, I know I'm missing some colours. As soon as they bloom I'll tag them and carefully collect seed [no, I won't mark containers "Misc.";)]

Would anyone like me to put aside some of these seeds for them? I'm happy to share these cheerful, sturdy flowers. And the same goes for my Sweet William (red, hot pink, pale pink, bright pink edges with light pink center, and one I forget).

I know they're nothing fancy, but perhaps someone with a new garden would like to try. Please let me know.

Thanks,

Bettina

PS: As soon as I clear away the clutter around the other perennials, I'll make a list and post it. If it's got seeds, I'm happy to share them.

- B.

Comments (3)