Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'new' perennials in the Toronto area?

Posted by rouge21 5b (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 5, 10 at 2:12

I have emailed several well known nurseries hoping to find some of these "new" perennials but so far I have found no one that stocks these plants:

-'Burning Hearts' bleeding heart (Dicentra 'Burning Hearts')
- Summertime Blues' bellflower (Campanula 'Summertime Blues')
-'Viking' bellflower (Campanula 'Viking')

I am in the GTorontoArea. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'new' perennials in the Toronto area?

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 5, 10 at 13:55

Have you tried Humbers in Brampton? www.Humbernurseries.com

o

Thanks for the suggestion re Humber but I had heard back from them earlier this week and they do not have any of these specific perennials.

o

Thanks for the suggestion re Humber but I had heard back from them earlier this week and they do not have any of these specific perennials.

o

I know the Burning Hearts Dicentra is selling like hot cakes as soon as it appears at the nurseries here in N.S.

I am trying a second one. Bought one last year and it did not survive. It began to 'disappear' early in the fall. Hopefully this second one will grow and thrive.

o

the best way to discover where these are located is to find out the name of the greenhouse supplier and from there inquire where they distribute their plants to.

o

Plant World or Fiesta Gardens.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here