Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
danny1984

Will they still grow? I really need some advice!

danny1984
10 years ago

Hello! Does anybody out there know if you can sow papaver somniferum poppy seeds in eastern ontario starting in late april until june 1 and still have them come up sometime soon. Like, is late April early enough for them to come up at a decent time, like early summer or whenever? I am really not sure if sowing even in late April is early enough and deffinatly not sure if planting after that random times until June 1 is early enough. The last time I sowed these multiple kinds of papaver somniferum poppy seeds was the morning of June 1 because I was told they need cold weather to even sprout, so i planted a crap load of them at that time hoping I would get all my seeds in before its too late, I think that the first of June is especially too late, or is it for them to sprout at all? Or when will they pop up? As well as the earlier seeds? I don't even know if the late April ones will pop up? Man, I really hope some of them pop up! Last year i tried planting some during the summer and had no success, so it made perfect sense that the seeds need some cold weather to start. I wonder if all of the seeds will eventually grow before summer ends?That would be awesome but i think that would take a couple of cold weeks starting june 1 so i doubt the june seeds will grow considering it is getting warmer every day now. There was alot of cold rainy weather after the first bunch of seed showings so I have some hope. I just hope the weather was and is going to be right for most of the seeds to grow? I really need some advice! Can anyone give me some answers? I would really appreciate it if someone could respond to this! Peaceout! Sincerely, Danny 1984

Comments (4)

Sponsored
J.E.S. Home Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Full-Scale Construction Firm