Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carrieburgess3

June Garden Tour

carrieburgess3
13 years ago

Hello, all. I am Carrie, a thirty-one year old stay at home mother of three from Nova Scotia. I generally post on the cottage garden forum. But I thought I would pop over here introduce myself and give you guys a June garden tour. I have only been gardening a few years now and still have tons to learn. Most of my beds are still quite young.

So from front to back here we go.

{{gwi:280617}}

This is a shot of the Lavender in the front bed with our vegetable garden in the background.

{{gwi:280624}}

Elle & Lillian Austin Rose

{{gwi:280630}}

Sarah Bernhardt Peonies with Maiden Pinks and Camelot Foxglove

{{gwi:280620}}

Morden Blush Roses

{{gwi:531259}}

Iris 'Indian Hills' and Iris 'Nibelungen'

{{gwi:280622}}

This garden is on the west side of the house. The section on the left was planted this spring and the right was planted last spring.

{{gwi:280625}}

{{gwi:531260}}

The petunias I planted from seed over the winter.

{{gwi:531261}}

Snow Queen Iris

{{gwi:531262}}

This year I made my first attempt growing poppies with these Shirley's and I few others. By far the Shirley's have done the best. I am absolutely tickled with them. Each one is different. So many blends of pink, white and red. Although I have to admit I have been picking the really red ones as soon as the bloom and bring them in the house. They just don't go.

{{gwi:531263}}

{{gwi:531264}}

Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly

{{gwi:280626}}

Preacher Peony

{{gwi:531265}}

Affluence TB Iris

{{gwi:531266}}

Bowl of Beauty Peony

{{gwi:531267}}

Abraham Darby new this spring. I put him centred with the Margret Merrill roses in the east bed.

{{gwi:280637}}

'Belinda's Dream' Rose Standard on the back deck. I bought two of these beauties three years ago and cherish them dearly. I got a cutting to root from her last year. And it actually bloomed last fall. It's still alive and doing well but has not bloomed yet this year.

{{gwi:531268}}

The new shade boarder I put in this spring along the path up to the children's swing on the huge pine tree.

{{gwi:531269}}

Thank for looking.

Carrie

Comments (11)