Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purple_anemone

Ideas for backyard garden living space

purple-anemone
12 years ago

My backyard garden bed faces South, but there are some large trees, so I'd say its semi-shade to shade. There are some established plants - Weigelia, 4 Forsythia's that I pruned back heavily (on the right), peonies doing fairly well, lots of Violets taking over. The ferns and hosta's also do well. This spring I have planted bleeding heart, japanese anemone,2 astilbe, 2 snakeroot,1 geranium, 2 hydrangia's of which all are doing OK, but slowly and almost invisible. I planted a Pavement rose that died within 5 days (after a particularly rainy stretch).

I would love ideas how to beautify this space. Do I need to cut back on the violets (and then, what do I put in their place?) Also, its hard to dig in the bed because of all the tree roots, I am just grateful if I get a 1 ft x 1 ft hole without obstructions). Im pasting some pictures of the space - the first one of the bed as n whole and the rest divided into 3 sections from left to right. This is such a great forum and I received such handy answers so far, thank you.

{{gwi:531469}}

{{gwi:531471}}

{{gwi:531472}}

{{gwi:531473}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus