Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silvamon

new to the forums need some assistance! please and thank you!

silvamon
9 years ago

hello all,

I live in Mississauga, Ontario.. I started out enjoying "gardening" in the last 3 years or so.I am 24 and I am fascinated with plants and the mass amount of different species and varieties out there. i have grown so far, money tree's (from cutting) and sheflerras.. also i bought a couple venus fly traps and managed to get that to flower and produce seeds which apparently is hard and rare according to what i have read.. (for first timers atleast) and well i really like dragon fruit and one day i thought i would take some seeds and plant them.. i had a cfl light in a old lizard tank where i was growing my money tree cuttings.. and well they grew! most died and i have one left. which i recently put outside to see if it would adapt as i have seen a post on here about a cutting outdoors in ontario. but it was MUCH larger.. mine is about an inch tall and probably 2 to 3 cms thick it's small( the picture is of it the day before i decided to put it outside i will take a picture of it now and post it and it turned white and started to curl so i figured i would bring it back inside into my tank.. does it need to be bigger before i try to do something like that? i don't really have a spot that is shady all the time.

sorry for the big cluster of questions but it's something i need to know and can't seem to find quality info/help around. this plant is native to thailand and Philippines am i correct? so when would i bring it inside my home? am i able to grow them from seed outside? so they grow outside? how big of a cfl bulb would i need.. right now i just have two regular cfls over it.. any help would be appreciated! i would like to see it get big enough to bring me some fruit.. please and thank you!!! looking forward to surfing these forums..

Comments (5)