Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silvamon

new to the forums need some assistance! please and thank you!

silvamon
9 years ago

hello all,

I live in Mississauga, Ontario.. I started out enjoying "gardening" in the last 3 years or so.I am 24 and I am fascinated with plants and the mass amount of different species and varieties out there. i have grown so far, money tree's (from cutting) and sheflerras.. also i bought a couple venus fly traps and managed to get that to flower and produce seeds which apparently is hard and rare according to what i have read.. (for first timers atleast) and well i really like dragon fruit and one day i thought i would take some seeds and plant them.. i had a cfl light in a old lizard tank where i was growing my money tree cuttings.. and well they grew! most died and i have one left. which i recently put outside to see if it would adapt as i have seen a post on here about a cutting outdoors in ontario. but it was MUCH larger.. mine is about an inch tall and probably 2 to 3 cms thick it's small( the picture is of it the day before i decided to put it outside i will take a picture of it now and post it and it turned white and started to curl so i figured i would bring it back inside into my tank.. does it need to be bigger before i try to do something like that? i don't really have a spot that is shady all the time.

sorry for the big cluster of questions but it's something i need to know and can't seem to find quality info/help around. this plant is native to thailand and Philippines am i correct? so when would i bring it inside my home? am i able to grow them from seed outside? so they grow outside? how big of a cfl bulb would i need.. right now i just have two regular cfls over it.. any help would be appreciated! i would like to see it get big enough to bring me some fruit.. please and thank you!!! looking forward to surfing these forums..

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County