Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilies_and_roses

Does anyone know what's up with Spring Garden.ca?

lilies_and_roses
14 years ago

Hi,

I'm waiting on some bittersweet vines that I've ordered from Spring Garden. I've emailed them 3 times in the past 2 weeks regarding the order and they have not responded. Also, their phone line has been "busy" for well over a week now, day and night. Does anyone know what is going on with them? Thanks.

Comments (8)

• canadian_daisy
    14 years ago

Sorry you didn't get your order.

Don't know what the problem is with Spring Garden but I too ordered from them in May, received 2/3 of the order with the notice that the the last part of my order had been discontinued. There was no other explanation.

FYI since Spring Garden and Breck's share the same location I looked up Breck's name on the search engine and stumbled upon the Canadian Gardening forum:

http://www.canadiangardening.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16313&start=0

There it's claimed that the Brecks and Spring Garden nurseries in Canada are holding facilities for the American imported plants. Don't know what all this means but one thing is for sure, I wouldn't order from them again.

I hope things work out for you, at least that you get a refund.

Helene

• yugoslava
    14 years ago

Funny you should mention Spring Garden. When I tried to phone at the end of May, their phone was always busy, so I sent an email to which I never received a reply. I would like to add something about plants I've purchased from them in the past. I received my order on time. Sometimes some plants were smaller than expected but the quality was not bad. I know many people are not happy with Spring Garden but my experience with them was not nearly as bad as others have had.

• sydseeds
    14 years ago

Might be worth reading a sampling of the 2009 recent "garden watch dog' comments, (link below) - skip right past/over the parent company vp's explanations (aka excuses) back in 2004 where they were busy backpeddling due to 'overpromising and underdelivering' to their customers who were frustrated with them in years gone by... but to be fair - look below that section for the most recent negative ratings in June of 2009, (some dating back to May and April 2009).

No big surprise that folks are having to resort to BBB and such - unfortunately the postings do involve similar stories to what you all are posting here.

Here is a link that might be useful: latest and greatest on Spring Garden .ca

• owbist
    14 years ago

The last post in the thread from sydseeds' link above confirmed what I thought. This is the same crowd from Rockwood and Port Burwell, Ontario. Nuff said.

• ontnative
    14 years ago

DO NOT ORDER from any mail-order nursery that you are not personally familiar with or has been recommended by friends. NEVER! NEVER! There are many scam mail-order places out there, just waiting to get your money. They suck you in with the "pretty" pictures, which are often "faked" as to colour of flowers, number of flowers on a plant, etc. If at all possible, try to buy in person, where you can actually see the plant you are buying. It is worth a trip once or twice a year to a plant sale or high quality nursery to get the best quality perennials, bulbs, etc.

• ViolaWittrockiana (Zone 5b Montreal)
    14 years ago

Funny, I just came here to inquire about this. I have been trying to reach them, and it looks like they took my money and ran, since they do not answer their phones and e-mails. I did report this incident to Better Business Bureau, and I suggest others to follow the same path.

http://www.bbb.org/western-ontario/business-reviews/nature-of-business-unknown-at-time-of-inquiry/spring-garden-in-west-lorne-on-1048092

• Lorbador
    9 years ago

I believe I might be able to help. I have ordered lots form Spring garden and Brecks this spring and summer. Before summer stock form Brecks was shipping I had to send some plants back, they were moldy. That's when I noticed that my accounts were the same number from both companies, I thought that was real strange.
    Then not long after that I got a e-mail from spring garden to say that they were merging with Spring garden and my account there and orders were no longer valid.
    I hope that helps.
    But I am confused too cause I have a order I'm waiting for from Brecks. I should have got it 9/23/14 and I checked my status and they say I have not ordered for 15 months and there is no orders on record. I think they are mixing the two up, I hope I have luck getting through..

• charmray
    8 years ago

I am surprised reading all the above comments. Personally I have had no problem with Spring Garden. I have ordered from them for the last couple of years and have received excellent service with the order as well when I called to check on the order status and to inquire about some plants. In fact I was looking to order from them again and stumbled on to this web site. In their defence I must say that they were excellent and I would have no problems ordering from them again