Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hummingbirds

Posted by marric Z5b Ontario (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 7, 06 at 11:57

Last weekend we had a hummer trapped in our barn. It got in through the big doors and then flew to the window where it could see outside but not get out because the window wasn't open. It was also high up near the peak where we couldn't reach it. It kept banging into the glass trying to get out. Finally it got low enough so that we could reach it with the extension ladder (we meaning Eric because I don't do eights very well.) He went up with a piece od netting and gently caught the poor guy. We took him outside and laid him down on the wagon. When he rested a few minutes, he just took off. I have been searching the web trying to find out what kind it was. It looked most like a Lucifer but the picture I saw said they don't come north this far, Barrie area. Any chance that it was a Lucifer? Any ideas? Lately I have seen some Anna hummingbirds. Marg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hummingbirds

See... now if you'd said you caught it yesterday we could have some fun with the whole 'Lucifer/060606' thing.... however...

You might try the attached link, see if it helps - there was a thread going in the Far North Forum regarding hummingbirds a while back, maybe someone there could help.

Here is a link that might be useful: tracking hummingbirds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here