Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this and how do I get rid of it??

Posted by spunkydoll_sk Saskatchewan (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 6, 10 at 12:21

Hi.
We have this inside out mushroom like stuff growing all around our house.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/spunky0ne/album2/100_0852.jpg
There's a linc to the picture. Can anyone tell me what it is and how I get rid of it. Thank you very much!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this and how do I get rid of it??

Oh my Gosh! What is that, is right? I have never seen that but had to send my concern that you have something so ugly growing around your house! YUCK! I want to know what that is too!

o
RE: What is this and how do I get rid of it??

It doesn't matter what kind of fungus that is. what it seems like is that your lawn is infected with fungus - what you are seeing are just the fruiting bodies and these are often very difficult to remove. these thrive in wet conditions,in areas that have fallen leaves, poop or grass clippings and so if you can reduce the source of nutrients for this fungi and reduce the moisture level it would help. get rid of the fruiting bodies by digging them out before they set off spores. Third. look for lawn fungicides.

Like I said, these are really difficult to remove. So good luck and continue this maintenance program. (note nitrogen applications like fertilizers will only enhance their growth)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here