Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
the first all-canadian rose show, celebrating canadian rose hybri

Posted by liz_at_guelph (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 20, 08 at 15:23

Sorry for the short notice, but if you are in the general area this weekend it promises to be quite an event. Liz

The Hamilton/Burlington Rose Society is holding this unique rose show at the Royal Botanical Gardens, 680 Plains Road West, Burlington, Ontario. All are welcome to exhibit roses, with entries restricted to Canadian cultivars, (bred by Canadians in Canada).

Each hybridizer will have their own section in the show with each of their cultivars represented in individual classes within that section. We forcast that most entries will be Agriculture Canada roses, but we expect to see many historic roses from the prairies and many new selections from local hybridizers.

Entries will be received between 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. on Friday, June 20th and from 7:00 a.m. until 10:15 a.m. on Saturday, June 21. The rose show is open to the public from 1:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. Saturday, June 21, and from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Sunday, June 22. All rose societies are invited to attend with the purpose of selling memberships, and fundraising through the sale of roses and rose related items. Palatine Fruit and Roses will be attending and selling roses during the show.

The Royal Botanical Gardens will also be holding its Rose Festival concurrent with the All-Canadian Rose Show which will give the public the opportunity to view the new renovations to their rose gardens.

Not only will this be a historic show, it will be a great opportunity to learn, shop, and network with other rosarians who will be coming from as far away as Edmonton and Montreal.

All questions and comments are welcome. Please feel free to contact Mark Disero, Show Chairman, at mdisero@allstream.net or 519-720-0067

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: the first all-canadian rose show, celebrating canadian rose h

• Posted by jroot 5A Ont. Canada (near (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 24, 08 at 16:38

The Rose show continues next weekend, also. I am sorry that I missed the show on the 21st. I would have liked to have gone.

The RBG site says:
Rose Celebration
Saturdays and Sundays, June 21 and 22, 28 and 29, July 5 and 6; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Hendrie Park Gardens

Celebrate the classical beauty of the Gardens two acres of roses in full bloom. The colours and fragrances are awe-inspiring. Enjoy activities for the kids, live entertainment, guided tours of Rose, Scented, Medicinal and Medieval gardens and explore the Discovery Cart and learn about the versatility of roses.

Plus: Saturday and Sunday, June 21 and 22; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; All Canadian Rose Show, hosted by the Hamilton Burlington Rose Society; RBG Centre.

Here is a link that might be useful: RBG Rose Show

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here