Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sly82

Really Wet Spring

Sly82
11 years ago

Hi, I'm a first time gardener and by no means have that green thumb yet and am learning as I go. I could use some advice on what to do for my vegetable garden that has been saturated with rain for days on end. Normally the Okanagan area is dry and full of sunshine but we've had an abnormal amount of rain over the past few weeks. My tomatoes are doing awesome, but nothing else seems to be growing. My peas started to shoot up but are now dying at the bottom and withering away. My peppers have flower buds, but the plants will not grow. Most of the other veggies that I have, beans, zucchini, corn, have grown from seed (planted may long weekend) have sprouted but haven't done much and the leaves are turning yellow. I have added a little organic fertilizer to the soil in the hopes that it will increase the nutrients. I have also done a soil ph test which sits between 6-7. Is there anything I can be doing to help my garden recover from all the moisture? And does to much moisture stunt the growth of plants? We are expecting some hotter weather over the next week. Thank you for your help :)

Comment (1)