Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fungicide for Roses?

Posted by silver_wlf 6 Ontario (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 27, 06 at 18:48

Hi!!!

I've been hanging out in the Roses forum lately - but the population seems to be more US than Canadian. They've been talking about Bayer Advanced products that aren't available in Canada - nor can they be imported.

I was wondering what I could use on my roses for Black Spot that I can purchase here.

I'm currently using the Green Earth Fungicide. Is this the main product used for this type of problem? Can I spray more often than every 7-10 days? I've been spraying for just over 2 weeks but I don't see much improvement.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much!!
Stef

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fungicide for Roses?

Hi Stef, If you haven't seen improvement with the product you are using, it's time to go to the garden centre for advise. I cannot give you any suggestions for a product (because I don't use fungicides) but most garden centres carry chemicals that are useful. When you water your roses are you watering the leaves as well? Because that actually causes mildew and fungus to grow. Water the roots only. Another tip is to remove the leaves with the black spot to lessen the contamination.

Ianna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here