Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A spectrum of growth.

Posted by Enrique14 none (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 19:55

Hey Internet Folks,

So I've built a wicking bed and am noticing that on the far end the plants are tiny and pale. I believe this to be due to the lack of pipes carrying water up (on that end). Do the plants on the right of the image look like they are suffering from too little water?

The box has a fill pipe (hidden by the healthy plants) on the left and a drain on the right to prevent overflow (hidden from view).

All the best
- Enrique

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A spectrum of growth.

Looks like it. And perhaps there is too much sun on the left side as well. Perhaps a rearrangement in a deeper container would provide for everything.

o
RE: A spectrum of growth.

or mineral defeciencies. IIf it's short in sunlight i would expect the plants to be more leggy as they try to reach out for where there is more sun. This shows stunted plants with light green coloured foliage. Over watering can leached out essential nutrients so is this perhaps a circulation issue? Maybe the reservoir water should contain good minerals like the mix used for hydrophonics growing systems...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here