Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alovinmama_gw

New Backyard Garden along pool

alovinmama
12 years ago

(I think I am zone 5 -- in between Toronto and Ottawa...sorry I'm a newbie)

This forum is such a wonderful wealth of information, I thought I would post my own question. We just put in a new pool in our backyard (which is rectangular) and we have a fairly streamlined/modern aesthetic going on in the backyard. On one side of the pool, we have put in a new garden bed. It is quite large and follows the length of the pool (40 feet) and also follows our property line, which has created an irregularly triangle shaped garden. It is a foot wide at its narrowest (at the beginning of the garden) and 10 feet at its widest (at the end of the garden). It is already filled with the soil and now the fun begins - choosing the plants!! I would love some thoughts on this.

I was thinking of doing some karl foerster grass along the back of the garden. I'm debating whether to do it the entire length (afraid this amount would be too much of the grass) or perhaps in a few different clusters. Oh I should note that the back of the garden is a fence.

Would love any and all thoughts as to what plants might be nice for this garden (I know - such a wide open question) that would work in the more narrow parts, as well the wider parts.

The garden will have complete full sun with absolutely no shade.

I'll try upload a picture of the blank canvas of a garden. I would just love your experienced input. Thanks so much.

Comments (2)