Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to by fruit trees in Canada?

Posted by jenangelcat 3b (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 3, 08 at 16:35

I posted in the orchard forum but not getting any answers.

I'm looking to buy fruit trees in Canada, not nut trees, dwarf fruit trees.

My local stores are unreliable.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to by fruit trees in Canada?

T&T Seeds in Winnipeg, www.ttseeds.com has at least one page of their catalogue (and online catalogue) devoted to fruit trees.

Also, DNA gardens might be another source. www.dnagardens.com though I've never personally ordered through them.

Probably many more sources. The only problem may be that I believe they often ship bareroot stock, which as far as I know may be shipped in spring only.

Glen

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 5, 08 at 13:21

Kraus nurseries in Carlisle sells fruit trees but not sure if they sell retail. Siloam Orchards in Uxbridge does. Marg
Krausnurseries.com
Siloamorchards.com

o

Kraus has very good selection, however, several years ago when I asked about purchasing from them they would not sell to me. At the same time I could not find out who sells their trees. I have even gone to their nursery to look around and still could not purchase anything. I wonder if they've changed their policy.

o

There are quite a few nurseries in Canada that does online selling of fruit trees, my two favorite being Golden Bough Nurseries and Boughen Nursery. These two send good caliper plants and have been in the buisness for many, many years. Good Luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here