Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hardy Hibiscus dilemma

Posted by halaeva z6 Toronto (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 12, 07 at 18:59

Last year,in Spring I purchased Hibiscus Moscheutos (6-7 inches tall plant.) Was growing in the ground very slowly, reached 1 and half foot, got curly leaves and bloomed very late, just before first frost with one rather small flower of strange apperance: Every petal was a half white and a half rose-pink.
This year the same plant doing the same, is very short and has curly leaves. Plant looks healthy. Why is that? Anyone has any idea? I will appeciate any input.
Hala.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hardy Hibiscus dilemma

If it has stunted growth, check the roots. Was it rootbound when you set it in the ground. Check to see if the ground is hardpacked clay. Best not to let it flower until it has fully recovered.

o
RE: Hardy Hibiscus dilemma

Thank you ianna.It was not rootbound-i think,but i am not sure if i remeber this fact well.Only know if it was i would do something about and did not plant it.Possibly the reason is hardpacked clay and i am going to check it.Thank you very much for your advice,i appreciate it greatly.
Hala.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here