Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
garden centers in edmonton

Posted by madtripper 5/6 Guelph (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 13, 10 at 20:09

Are there any garden centers in Edmonton area that have more specialty items. Especially smaller plants - since I have to fly them home. I'd be very interested in someone specializing in alpines.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: garden centers in edmonton

Hole's Greenhouse in St Albert has a large selection of perennials. I think they have some alpines. There are several good garden centres in the area. I'd suggest calling around when you get to Edmonton.

o

You must check out Wellington Garden Center just off St.Albert Trail.. It is a wonderful place. Here is the address and they also have a website. Have a wonderful trip!!
Wellington Garden Centre
13648 - 142 Street
Edmonton, Alberta
T5L 4Z2

T: (780) 455.2281*
F: (780) 447.4741
E: info@wellingtongardencentre.com
http://wellingtongardencentre.com/index.htm

o

Greenland Garden Centre is the very best in town for service and price. Holes and wellington are just too darn expensive.

greenlandgarden.com

o

I think they are all too expensive, or maybe I'm too cheap. However, I like Walmart, Superstore and Canadian Tire. At the end of Summer, early fall you can get some pretty good bargains. The only time I would get anything from a Garden Center is if I need a tree/roses on own roots/some evergreen shrubs. With trees you get what you pay for, and also roses on their own roots.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here