Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Verticillium Wilt of Cotinus'golden Spire'

Posted by halaeva z6 Toronto (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 26, 08 at 22:15

My golden Smoke Bush (tree-form,7' tall,3 years old well established have all the symptoms of Verticillium Wilt.About 90% of leaves and tips of the brunches are dried out.I did not prune it yet. Will wait until next early Spring when the tree will be still in dormant state.
My question is: Have the tree any chance to live? Or this is a lost case as I have learned searching Internet?
I would appreciate any answer.
Hala.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Verticillium Wilt of Cotinus'golden Spire'

If it was just a few of the branches I would say to prune them out and reduce watering (I know - it's been so rainy...) and maybe it would limp along. But if most of your tree is afected, it's probably not going to survive :-(

This has been an awfully rainy summer, and Cotinus requires very well drained soil if it is going to have a chance of avoiding V. wilt.

Sorry!! It is such a nice tree that it is a shame to lose it!

BP

o
RE: Verticillium Wilt of Cotinus'golden Spire'

Hello Bonnie.
I appreciate your advice very much.Thank you for your responce,Thank you indeed.
Hala.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here