Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what are you paying for alfalfa meal and soybean meal (lawncare)

Posted by mk79 ON (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 13, 13 at 0:19

as many are becoming more informed, alfalfa meal (or pellets) and soybean meal are some of the more popular organic protein fertilizers for the lawn.

curious what others are paying for alfalfa meal and soybean meal, 50lb bags.

the only place i could find near mississauga, ontario after calling several places is:

Davis Feed and Farm Supply: alfalfa meal $25, special order
Hillsburgh Feed and Supply Ltd: $25, in stock

is this in line with 2013 prices you have paid?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what are you paying for alfalfa meal and soybean meal (lawnca

I have not yet used either of these products but will have a look at it more
Have heard talk about alfalfa What I have used and think is marvellous is Corn Gluten Is supposed to be a weed seed inhibitor but I find it as well really greens up the grass.

o
RE: what are you paying for alfalfa meal and soybean meal (lawnca

for me I only use triple mixes with great results. Corn gluten is a seed inhibitor and not just limited to weeds but also to grass seeds. So if you plan to reseed, it's not the time to use corn gluten.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here