Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rgvnewf

Looking for source for berries

rgvnewf
11 years ago

Hi,

I am looking for a Canadian source to mail order berry plants for fall shipment. I am looking for things such as raspberries, loganberries, blackberries and tayberries (otherwise anything in the bramble family). I would really like to get some this fall and get them planted. Anyone knowing where I can mail order from would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rgvnewf

Comments (4)

• Swallow22
    11 years ago

Rgvnewf Whilst I can't tell you the best places to order from I can tell you where not to order from. This spring we ordered close to $1500.00 worth of plants and seeds from T&T seeds and it was basically fifteen hundred bucks and an entire season thrown away.

For example out of ten Chester Black berry bare root plants some came as twigs and no roots and out of ten only three have shown any signs of life, most of the trees came bare root and in full leaf, needless to say these did not survive due to the stress to the bare roots. They sent the wrong straw berries, day neutral instead of ever-bearing, fully half of the Lilly bulbs failed to grow, and the rest of the plants were shipped in plastic bags filled with black soggy rotten roots or just black soggy mess with no plant at all. Oh sure they offered to replace the crap they sent but if they could replace the crap with good plants then why did they send out the crap that they did in the first place. And oh yes the Frontenac Grapes that they sent are just now starting to bud and it's the beginning of August, not much time left in the season. I'm sixty years old and have been growing things most of my life and have never seen such a pathetic bunch of junk sold, even the big box store have better quality plants for sale.

So my advice would be spend your money elsewhere.

Oh yes and one more thing I have been growing Lilly's on this property for around fifteen years and have never had any sign of Botrytis, well after getting Lilly's from T&T Seeds guess what I have? yup Botrytis and hundreds of blue Lilly plants due to the copper spray that I had to use.

• luckynes13
    11 years ago

The best advice I can give you is buy local, check what sells locally/ Any berry farms? if not maybe they can point you in the right direction.

• marricgardens
    11 years ago

Veseys sell some.

• dirtslinger2
    11 years ago

I've had great luck with T&T, with several orders over the years including this spring.
    Last year one apricot died, it was replaced without question.
    My 2 varieties of raspberries purchased this spring are currently fruiting!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!