Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
merricat_gw

What are your suggestions for 'Chakra Houseplants?'

merricat
17 years ago

Hello, Garden Gurus;

I'm doing a fair bit of yoga and meditation these days; the Parkinsons has gotten rather out of hand, and these practices help ease life a bit.

Part of the yoga teachings is concentration on the Chakras, or "energy centers". Every culture seems to have some variation on the theme (and I'm not even going to try and figure out if it's "right" or not...it's something nice to focus on, and that's good enough for me), but the general colour schemes are pretty much the same across the board: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green or Pink, Turquise, Indigo, and Red. Some use White too, as a sort of all-encompassing "shell".

I thought it might be nice to set up some colourful houseplants around the place, something that represents the pretty rainbow that are used for chakra centers. Some are easy choices ("heart" uses green or pink, so anything with leaves about does it, and a polka-dot plant would have both), and others are NOT (anyone know of an Indigo houseplant?)

Not a big deal, but I could use a bit of cheering, and plants + colour are never a bad idea!

Cheerio my dearios,

Merri

Comment (1)