{{gwi:538323}}

{{gwi:538325}}

{{gwi:538328}}

{{gwi:538329}}

{{gwi:538331}}

Comments (15)

• rosco_p
    14 years ago

Glaswegian: Nice looking garden. I would say you have your own piece of paradise right there. Enjoy.

• jaro_in_montreal
    14 years ago

Yes... that tropical look must be very distinctive, wherever you are in Z5b !

Thanks for posting the great photos !

(in case you are interested in seeing some of mine, I post mostly on the conifers section of GW....)

• coolplantsguy
    14 years ago

Is that Colocasia/Alocasia in the second picture in the ground? Is it hardy!?!

• glaswegian
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you all for the kind words.

Yes that is Colocasia/Alocasia in the ground, it's not hardy so has to be dug up for winter

• halaeva
    14 years ago

Hi Glaswegian;
    It is gorgeus garden,I adore your plants.Thanks for posting your garden photos.
    May I ask?-The Rose of Sharon,is it Bluebird, or Blue Satin? Mine ones,tree-form do not grow this year nicely.
    Hala.

• diane_v_44
    14 years ago

yes it is good

More people should post as you do

Might get my daughter to take some photos for me and post them
    Enjoyable to see one anothers gardens

I like your variegated Brugmansia Is it budding yet

• halaeva
    14 years ago

I agree with you Diane.Would be nice to see how others do and that's why I am posting my photos.Thanks for watching.
    Hala.{{gwi:538333}}{{gwi:538335}}{{gwi:538337}}{{gwi:538339}}

• halaeva
    14 years ago

{{gwi:538341}}{{gwi:538343}}a href="http://s499{{gwi:538344}}href="http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/rr360/evahal/Garden%202/?action=view¤t=SyriacusBluebird.jpg"; target="_blank">{{gwi:538345}}href="http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/rr360/evahal/Garden%202/?action=view¤t=SyriacusDiana.jpg"; target="_blank">{{gwi:538346}}a href="http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/rr360/evahal/Garden%202/?action=view¤t=SyriacusHybrid.jpg"; target="_blank">{{gwi:538347}}{{gwi:538348}}I am sorry,have no idea why it happend.

• halaeva
    14 years ago

Hello Glaswegian.
    I opened a topic thread in your thread!I also messed up posting my pictures. What a thoughtlessness!(undeliberate) I am very sorry about that.Please take my humble apology.

I hope.other members will ignore my follow up.
    Hala.

• gardenlover25
    14 years ago

Hi Glaswegian,

I like your garden its so beautiful. Thanks for sharing them.

• diane_v_44
    14 years ago

Halaev and Glaswegian

Terrific photos Thank you both

I didn't understand why you are apologizing for Hala.

I think everyone enjoys to see pictures of other peoples garden
    I am sure Glaswegian would agree.

• glaswegian
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I agree Diane! Sorry I haven't been on for a while, been on military duty.

Here are some pics of my pepper and tomatoes

{{gwi:538349}}

{{gwi:538350}}

{{gwi:538351}}

{{gwi:538352}}

{{gwi:538353}}

{{gwi:538354}}

{{gwi:538356}}

{{gwi:538357}}

{{gwi:538358}}

{{gwi:538359}}

{{gwi:538360}}

{{gwi:538361}}

• glaswegian
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So how has everyone been, and how was the 2010 planting season for ya? I was gone most of this year on military duty, and now that am back, I have had to sell that house and my plants with it.

I am going to be starting all over again in Ottawa

• ontnative
    13 years ago

My hubby had a small rented, organic veggie plot for the first time, so he learned about picking potato bugs. thinning carrots and beets, etc. He thinks that he won't get a plot next summer. He enjoyed the fresh lettuces, beets and tomatoes. However the garden was situated at the opposite end of the city from where we live, and we spent a lot of time driving back and forth to pick, weed, stake, etc. If we really want organic produce, we can buy it fresh at the market every Saturday, much closer to our home.

I started a lot of native perennials from seed, mostly winter-sown, so am finally getting the last of these planted out in my very crowded garden. We just don't have enough sun (or space) for home-grown veggies, thus the rental plot. I learned much from all my seed starting. One thing is that I shouldn't be so impatient and start so many different kinds of perennials the same season. My entire patio was a "pot ghetto" from spring until now.

My garden was part of a local tour in mid-September, aimed at showing people about mulching, water-saving, wise choice of plants, pollinator friendly gardens, etc. I hope that my visitors had a good time. I know that I did. I had recently divided some of my daylilies, so gave away those divisions for free, all potted up, of course, and properly labelled.

• glaswegian
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I miss that garden....looking forward to creating a similar look here in Ottawa

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm