Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
glaswegian_gw

Starting all over again, need your help

glaswegian
13 years ago

Hello all,

It's been a while since I have been on here. We have been busy with selling a house in the GTA, and buying another one in Ottawa Canada and moving with work.

Sadly I had to leave all my plants behind, and am looking to start all over again in the medium size backyard we have now. I have cleared out the backyard and now have a blank canvas to work with.

I am looking for seeds and bulbs donation if you have any to spare please

Cheers

Comments (10)

• bev_w
    13 years ago

I can understand not bringing your plants all that way, but what happened to your seeds?

Just FYI, here's the GardenWeb policy for the exchange forums:

"The exchanges were created to facilitate the arranging of trades of plants and seeds between members. Please do not use them to solicit donations, ask for free plants or seeds, or ask for items in exchange for postage. All requests must be in the context of arranging a trade. If you have nothing to offer at this time, please wait until you do"

• marricgardens
    13 years ago

Glaswegian: You should post this request on the Canadian Exchange page. Ask for the seeds etc. explaining that you will provide the SASE (Self addressed stamped envelope). A lot of people do it and there are a lot of us that will help.

• glaswegian
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I was gone most of last year and earlier this year on military duties, and hardly had time to collect seeds. Yes if anyone is offering, I'll provide a SASE

• ianna
    13 years ago

glaswegian, welcome back to the forum. and glad you are back safe and sound. I don't have seeds now but perhaps put out a request again around Feb or Mar. That's when I start buying up new seeds again and I'm sure I'll have plenty to spare then.

• oilpainter
    13 years ago

You are certainly in the right place for gardening. There are a lot of gardening clubs in Ottawa. I'll bet quite a few of them will give you plants and seeds.

The link below gives you all the horticultural clubs in Ottawa.Let your fingers do the walking and give them a call

Here is a link that might be useful: Ottawa horticultural clubs

• glaswegian
    Original Author
    13 years ago

ianna...thx for that, I''' be sure to remind you come spring, but if you remember before me, just email me for my address.

Oilpainter....thx for that

cheers

• ontnative
    13 years ago

Are you looking for any particular types of seeds? veggies? annuals? perennials? sun or shade?

• diane_v_44
    13 years ago

I am a bit like yourself glaswegian
    Not always on the garden web forum but like to keep in touch some

I remember seeing you on the Brugmansia Forum.
    To bad you could not bring plants from your garden
    I was fortunate on the occasion of my last move that I was able to bring quite a bit along

But I found as well, that the plant sales of different horticultural groups and various fundraising plant sales found me with lots of inexpensive basic plants.

Kind of nice isn't it to have a blank canvas. With your expertise in no time at all you will have marvellous gardens.
    Hope you are going to stay put for awhile
    Moving for sure is not just simple.

There is a grower of Brugmansia in Quebec that my youngest daughter ordered plants from, but is to late I expect for this year
    You might even be able to simply drive to the Brugmansia grower in Quebec. Will look up the name of it if you are interested

All the best

• glaswegian
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ontnative....yes some tomatoes, peppers, shade and sun seeds will be nice please.

Diane...I remember you from the Brugmansia forum also. If you can get the name of the brug grower for me and address, that will be great

• mariana2007
    13 years ago

Sent you an e-mail.
    Mariana

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz