Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mystery plant

Posted by runningtrails 5 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 1, 08 at 4:26

Can anyone tell me what this is, please?

Here is a link that might be useful: mystery flower

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mystery plant

runningtrails,
Can you tell us when it blooms, are those seed heads on the plant as well as flowers with just a tuft of leaves at the soil level?
Where are you located in Canada....south east, north west etc.

o

Those are seed pods on the plant with the flowers. It is blooming now and has been all summer. I'm in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area). Ir has little leaves all over the stem.

It's not very tall, about 1'. HEre's another picture that's a bit better, I think:

I'll try for a better picture, maybe from the side or further away.

Here is a link that might be useful: mystery plant

o

The seedhead looks a bit like candytuft no?

o

Could it be evening scented stocks? I'm just guessing...sorry I don't recognize it.

o

I tend to agree with sunita_fleuriste - looks like candytuft. I have the pink version and the seed pods look very similar.

o

Definitely candytuft (Iberis). They have very distinctive seed pods. I have never seen a blue one though! It's beautiful! Is it yours? If so, you should save some seeds!

BP

o

I looked up candytuft on Google and that's what it is. Thanks so much!

It's not blue, it's really purple, but I am saving seeds. At least I think I'm saving the seeds. It's not doing too well, hubby spilled gasoline on some of it :-( but part is coming back and blooming.

o

I have added the purple candytuft seeds to my list. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here