Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marricgardens

malibar spinach

marricgardens
11 years ago

I found some seeds for this and would like to give it a try. Has anyone ever tried it? I googled it and apparently it looked somewhat like a pole bean plant. Does it really get that tall up here? Marg

Comments (6)

• greylady_gardener
    11 years ago

I got a 'newsletter' this morning and this is one of the plants that was featured. I can't tell you anything from personal experience. I do hope someone will chime in with some info as I decided to try it next year and was going to look for seeds. Could you let us know where you found the seeds? I will run out and grab some so I am ready for the spring! :-)
    thanks so much.

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I haven't ordered it yet but will from Solana Seeds. When you get to the home page, click on 'Leafy Greens'. They have some other things I want to try. They have a nice variety of peppers and the pink/purple/green striped popcorn looks interesting! Marg http://solanaseeds.netfirms.com/leafvegetables.html

• greylady_gardener
    11 years ago

thanks so much for the info. Great site and lots of interesting things!! I will be poring over it when I have some time to look properly.

• ianna
    11 years ago

I have these growing in pots in my yard right now. It does grow a bit like a vine but because it's leaves and stringers are edible, we often take cuttings for cooking and so the plant never gets to grow tall.

I bought mine as plants from Chinatown.

• greylady_gardener
    11 years ago

ianna, do you also eat it raw, in salads?

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    11 years ago
Sponsored
Cabido Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
DC & Montgomery County's Best in Full Service, Custom Home Remodeling