Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cattle panels for hoop house

Posted by zuni 5a (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 23, 11 at 10:30

Does anyone know where I can buy cattle panels in Ontario to make a trellis/hoop house? There are some great designs out there, but the cattle panels are only available in the states... the Ontario TSC stores do not carry them. I live in York Region.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cattle panels for hoop house

you mean screens? Have you checked out Home Depot or Lowes?

o

• Posted by signet z6 S.W. Ont (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 1, 11 at 13:12

Hi Zuni ,

I have the most recent TSC sales flyer and they have what they call corn crib wire on sale . 2"x4" holes and 60"wide by 100 ft roll for 109.99 regularly sells for $169.99. They also have horse fence 48" wide xy 100 ft for 143.99.Doesnt mention size of holes on that one but I believe the first one I mentioned is what you are looking for . Sale ends Thursday October 6th. Not sure where you are located but perhaps if they dont have it in your store they could get it in for you .

Hope this helps

Signet

o

Thanks folks, but I do mean "cattle panels". These are 8'x16' galvanized panels with large openings that allow you to reach through. TSC offers these in the states but not in Canada. If you want to see a photo, check the post under the the vertical gardening forum: http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/vertical/msg0622582022244.html.
I am planning to bring a couple back from the states at some point...

o

These panels are used to make a pen on the front of calf hutches. Do you have any farm supply places around or any Co-op stores? Try in some of the smaller towns near you or try to find someone who farms. I know there aren't many farms left in York region so you might have to look further afield.

o

• Posted by zuni 5a (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 30, 11 at 10:05

Ontario TSC stores are now advertising cattle panels on sale for $28!!! Gardener stampede, anyone?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here