Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amethystlover_gw

Where to find full landscape size perennials

amethystlover
10 years ago

I am so upset and angry that I am fit to be tied. My Property Management Company didn't notify me that they would be digging up my yard for sewer work (Says she wasn't told and has been so apologetic but...) I am in a manufactured home park and my yard I converted to gardens as due to the sandy dry soil grass never grows and then the shade is a problem too.

Well I come home after being out of town for a doctor's appointment to find my one parking spot and over 1/2 of my yard dug over 4 feet deep and sewer lines all exposed. They took a reciprocating saw to all of the tree roots and now the tree guy says the tree has to be cut down.

My perennial gardens are gone! for over 20' of garden. I had close to 400 square feet for a garden with a path in the middle. Now I have to start over again! I had perennials that came from all over Canada that I got through the exchange pages or given or from families gardens etc along with mail order and local nurseries. I have been working on it for over 10 years. Due to health problems really hadn't done much this year other transplanting due to work being done along the foundation. So I had dug those up and temporaily moved them until the work was done. They're gone now.

Unless you garden you don't understand how upsetting it is too loose your entire garden. I collected daylilies and had over 15 different well established plants that are gone. The garden was more an English Cottage type garden with mostly purples, blues, pinks and whites. I had spent the time laying it out, filling in the blank spots, making sure that there was always something in bloom so there was colour from early spring to late fall.

The Property Company says they will replace them but I have no idea where to find large landscape size plants. Where do you find daylilies that would work out to be about 4 good size clumps if divided, same with hosta's, sedums, etc. I've called the local nurseries and the most I might find is a 1 gallon pot but again will take 2-3 years to fill out. I don't want to wait again. Any suggestions where to find full landscape sized perennials? Semi-shade is also an issue. The girl I am dealing with isn't a gardener and thinks she can go to home depot and it will be all better.

Any suggestions would be wonderful. I'm in the London area in Ontario so would need to be close enough to drive or would need shipping.

Thanks for your help.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area