Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gnat_nayr

help! pacific dogwood and trillium grandiflorum

gnat_nayr
14 years ago

Hi,

So I came up with a gift idea that I would really like to make work but don't know much at all on the subject:S..

I had the idea of drying and framing the provincial flowers of Ontario and B.C. Canada but am not sure of how to go about it or if it will work.

The "trillium grandiflorum" for Ontario and the "pacific dogwood" for B.C.. The trillium I am pretty sure I can get without out too much trouble, but since the dogwood is a tree I don't know where I could get say a branch or some flowers from. I am currently in Manitoba so I would have to get both shipped out but I was hoping that might not be a problem if I'm planning to dry them anyway.

Basically I'm wondering if you would have any tips/advice on both where/how to get a hold of these flowers, and then also any tips on drying them so they stay nice (if possible?). (Does just the paper towel in a phonebook method work fine or what's best for drying/pressing?)

I think I could get the trillium from a nursery in Ontario even right now, but the dogwood's main flowering is in the spring so I don't know where I could find that..

I asked this same question to someone that was already very helpful and is who actually sent me to this site as well, so I thank them for that. If you have any tips or maybe have an idea where I can find some cuttings it would be very much appreciated!:)

Thanks a ton!

Ryan

Comments (2)