Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
beautiful public rose garden in alberta

Posted by edmonton83 3, edmon. ab (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 25, 10 at 22:02

If you live or happen to visit Edmonton, AB, Canada. -be sure to check out the free public garden display of hard roses at Louise McKinney Park. Their are 30 hardy roses-hardy to zone 3. Follow this link
http://www.edmonton.ca/environmental/conservation_landscaping/horticultural-projects-in-edmo.aspx.
I visit this garden often in the spring, summer, fall,winter to see how the roses look at different times of the year.

Some of my favorites in the garden are Mary Bugne, Morden Blush, pavement roses and the outstanding Champlain. Champlain is close to everblooming. One rose that I wouldn't recomment is Morden fire glow with it's sparse disease infested foliage and lack of vigour.

Others include mostly rugosa, explorer and parkland roses. Martin Frobisher, blanc double de Couber, Srabrosa, Frau Daugmar Hartop, George Vancouver, Morden Centenial etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: beautiful public rose garden in alberta

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Gardening in Canada Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here